So I have begun my journey into a new healthier me!
I decided I would try eat less calories to be honest I normally intake a lot a very lot more then what I should!
Here is a few recipes I have tried and loved!
Goats Cheese and herb souffles
Amazing delicious recipe 277 Calories per souffle, serves 4 people and preparation time is 10 minutes cooking time is 15 minutes a quick easy recipe.
- 25G (1oz) Polyunsaturated Margarine
- 50g (2oz) Plain flour
- 300ml (1/2pint) Milk
- 4 Eggs separated
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) goats cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 75g (3oz) rocket
- 2 tablespoons fat free salad dressing
- salt and pepper
- Melt the margarine in a medium saucepan, add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually add the milk whisking all the time, and cook for 2 minutes until thickened
- Remove the pan from the heat beat the egg yolks one at a time then stir in the goats cheese and season well.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until they form firm peaks, then gradually fold them into the cheese mixture with the herbs. Transfer to four lightly oiled ramekins, sprinkle over the Parmesan then bake in a pre-heated oven 190 C(375F) gas mark 5 for 10-12 minutes until risen and golden
- toss the rocket and dressing and sere with the souffles
Another recipe I love however instead of Hazelnuts I have use almonds due to a family member having a peanut and hazelnut allergy.
Nutty Passion Fruit Yogurts
These are so delicious they are 348 calories per serving, This recipe serves 2 people and the preparation time is 5 minutes and also chilling time required.
- 2 passion fruit
- 250ml (8fl oz) natural yogurt
- 4 tablespons clear honey
- 50g (2 oz) hazelnuts (or similar) toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 clementines peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Half the passion fruit and scoop the pulp into a large bowl. Add the yogurt and mix them together gently
- Put 2 tablespoonfuls of the honey in the bases of two narrow glasses and scatter with half of the hazelnuts. Spoon half of the yogurt over the nuts and arrange half of the clementine pieces on top of the yogurt
- Repeat the layering, reserving a few of the nuts for decoration, Scatter the nuts over the top and chill until your ready to serve them.